Thailand: Travelling as a family
Our secrets as Experts
Why an ideal destination ?
Thailand is the ideal destination for family travel for three main reasons:
- the kindness of Thais who love contact with foreigners
- its quality of hospitality, for the comfort of all members of the family
- the possibility to practice many sports activities of all levels: walking, climbing, diving, rafting, etc.
What to know?
There is no specific information to know before leaving. We can however give you some useful tips, not to be surprised on the spot:
- always stop at the national anthem (6 am and 6 pm local time)
- never set foot on a coin when it falls to the ground (King's portrait)
- women should always have shoulders and legs covered when visiting temples, as in most Buddhist countries.
What are the 3 best places to see as a family in Thailand?
- Kanchanaburi, for its floating bungalows on the Kwai River and its elephant camps
- Chiang Mai, for treks, homestay nights, cooking classes and, again, elephant camps
- Krabi, for beaches and various seaside activities.
What are the 3 best family activities in Thailand?
- Spend a day with the elephants of Kanchanaburi or Chiang Mai
- Take a traditional Thai cooking class
- Go trekking and spend the night with the locals in the beautiful region of Chiang Mai.